<12 >

New maps request for YOB server

Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:36 am
Pro Poster
51 Posts
Hi guys, I know this post will be "uncomfortable" for the most, but I promised to write it and here I am...
So, the proposal is to introduce new maps, as for example Finca (asymmetrical map with villa and swimming-pool), Kam2 (symmetrical map in the snow with two bridges and two underground tunnels), DSF Playhouse (symmetrical map with a narrow dark tunnel and an outside garden) or any other possible CTF map.

If you want to know why I have been asked to write this post, it is for the following reasons which I am entirely agreeing with.
You have certainly heard people (more than one) saying "OK I'll leave, I don't wanna play for the moment, as it's full of campers and it's boring, I'll spectate... maybe I'll come back later, see you...".

In addition many players know the maps as their pockets, as they perfectly know all the reachable places of the Shop (or little less than all) and furthermore they also know the timing of any adoptable path, making almost impossible the score.
This is a really good thing, because on one hand it means YOB is provided of really strong (and Old) players, but on the other hand it means that there is nothing more to discover, nothing so much to learn, alas!

I love and hate at the same time when teams are balanced, campers are placed on both parts, attackers can make the score and the game is tied to draw, as it means both teams are playing well and I have to push myself to play for the victory with more and more stubborn!
But too many people are expert and I don't think that's good, because (sorry for repeating, but) there is really little to be discovered.

Yeah, I'm not happy of telling you this, but don't you think that some new maps will make the game more challenging?
It's plenty of maps damn! I took a look around the maps I have: I guess I've been playing in less than 1% of them!!! Some of them have trains, tanks, skyscrapers, forts, castles, monuments, sports fields, lakes, rivers and so on!
Do you agree with "me"?
There is anything that can change the situation?
I still love YOB FAMILY, always, but I hope we can do better!

Thank you!

Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:22 pm
Veteran
191 Posts
Hi!

I think you got a very good point there, i totally agree with you.
I want some more challenging with some other maps, maybe with 2-3 more.
And maybe some others members agree to.
We need a change in main server, its getting boring fast with only one map running.

But we can loose some active players (whos not in clan), i think there is many ppl who only want shop map and they want it that way.  

Well, let's see how it goes after some votings if there is someone who likes your idea Cool I like it!

Saz

Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:53 pm
Veteran
133 Posts
i should say put italy in it Wink

Obey the stiffmeister

Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:05 pm
Clan Leader
5814 Posts
guys main server is untouchable!
we run it for years now and it works well, it likes, and we wont change anything. Razz
at least we can run a mapcycle on another server, since the inf server is dead, avant can reactive his home one! we await only his thoughts but i think it is not different from this!
Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:14 pm
Clan Leader
2370 Posts
A
|
|

As Teo said Wink
Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:02 pm
Registred Member
21 Posts
hey guys
i guess no body like inf server its boring so reactivate avanti server but put new maps in it modified maps multi maps server me and giorgex agreed together that this map sometimes be so boring so plz do something lot of people want anew maps new games
Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:29 pm
Thoroughbred
1315 Posts
I agree with Teo, but maybe its an idea to change Shop-map a little again... Very Happy
Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:45 pm
Spammer
230 Posts
i would love to see avant's server up and running again <3   Very Happy

I don't suffer from insanity--I enjoy every minute of it.
Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:07 pm
Hero
760 Posts
maybe its tzime for a new modded map from shipin maybe he got a bit of time to do some changes again like in the past
Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:32 pm
Veteran
156 Posts
M8s,

This is the 2nd Shop map i am playing! [oh yea, some time i hate those fixed stuff u cant change]

Why there are no map makes among us ? The damn shop map itself can be modded in different ways ?

Change is good, but hard too!

Regards

EtM!!
Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:40 am
Spammer
339 Posts
please no maps to download  Smile because gamers don't always download them
Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:55 am
Thoroughbred
1315 Posts
— Teo wrote
guys main server is untouchable!
we run it for years now and it works well, it likes, and we wont change anything. Razz
at least we can run a mapcycle on another server, since the inf server is dead, avant can reactive his home one! we await only his thoughts but i think it is not different from this!

@frenchkiss
Like Teo said "we wont change anything" so downloadeble maps isnt a option at all....

But i really wonder if others also like to see the Shop changed a little again, and if yes... Will the sysops agree with it, and if yes.... Will Shipin (or somebody else) make a new map???....
Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:50 pm
Spammer
339 Posts
I speak about modded maps not main server.
Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:55 pm
Pro Poster
51 Posts
Yes, as a first step another little change in the Shop would be better than nothing.
  • Do you know there are two roofs of the outside buildings which can't be reached neither with a jump from the turret nor with a pyramid of men from the balconies of the buildings themselves?
  • Do you know there is a turret behind the back kitchen window no one uses?
  • Do you know there is an underground floor under the tree of the outside back kitchen that people only uses to have a knives head to head? And that is not part of the level...
  • Do you know the trenched wall behind the helipad has two ladders to climb onto it only near the power-station and instead doesn't have any ladder near the wooden gallows? And this allows blue to camp easily especially when carrying the red flag waiting for the blue one to come back?
  • Have you ever noticed there are no pictures on the walls? Noteven a single autograph!

Would this be something to start with?  :roll:

Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:27 pm
Thoroughbred
1315 Posts
— GiorgeiX wrote
Yes, as a first step another little change in the Shop would be better than nothing.
  • Do you know there are two roofs of the outside buildings which can't be reached neither with a jump from the turret nor with a pyramid of men from the balconies of the buildings themselves?
  • Do you know there is a turret behind the back kitchen window no one uses?
  • Do you know there is an underground floor under the tree of the outside back kitchen that people only uses to have a knives head to head? And that is not part of the level...
  • Do you know the trenched wall behind the helipad has two ladders to climb onto it only near the power-station and instead doesn't have any ladder near the wooden gallows? And this allows blue to camp easily especially when carrying the red flag waiting for the blue one to come back?
  • Have you ever noticed there are no pictures on the walls? Noteven a single autograph!

Would this be something to start with?  :roll:

First of all.... I think we all know this XD

I agree with a few points but i got some myself, ill write them all down here...

* It would be nice to make it possible to reach the 2 highest roofs, now its only possible to get on it with some help of one or two other players.
* Maybe a way to walk from patio to outside back kitchen so players can walk around the map without going to the roof.
* A few more sniping trees.
* Maybe one or two more walls like the one behind helipad for example: outside back kitchen, outside at cargo and outside at the 3 houses. So there will be a wall at every side of the map
* Make it possible to get on the houses outside, maybe even put some boxes on it.
* Connect the underground areas and make it possible to get up again. And make it easier to get down so the noobies wont get in "the wrong place" all the time.

I know... some points will give the "campers" more places to hide on the other hand it will make the map more challenging and it will also increase the surface to play.

But well... i think Giorgei and I are going a little to fast, i'm still wondering what others think about it...

Sincerely,

Orange
<12 >
Forums ©