<12 >

Suggestions/complaints about the cod4 server

Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:58 pm
Pro Poster
84 Posts
I find that overgrown, bog and downpour are to big as a map and way to open, this can be a problem with fps for many players. So I wouldn't suggest to use these maps since there are way better options. - This might be the case for countdown aswel so I wouldn't choose that map either.
Crossfire is a really bad designed map which incourages people to camp, although this one is medium sized so it could be an option (there are better maps though from my opinion).

Showdown and Chinatown are really good maps aswel I totally forgot those so those would be higher tier from my opinion.
Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:41 pm
Clan Leader
5814 Posts
i took my list from the most played maps :/
Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:35 pm
Pro Poster
84 Posts
I took my list from my own experience playing this game Smile,
I think I might be the most experienced cod player here since I have over 2000 hours on mw2 and about 600 hours on the other ones. Also played competitively on mw2 so I know a lot about map design and spawn points and how to set up spawn traps and such. You don't want wide open maps that are really big since this encourages new players to sit in a corner because no one likes to be killed over and over again. When you have a lot of cover the dying part will be a lot harder and the skill cap can grow better on all the players playing on our server.
I don't know if the numbers you used for your list are accurate since really no one ever liked overgrown and bog as maps since these are way to "camper friendly".
Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:25 pm
Clan Leader
5814 Posts
after a mapcycle test ppl left asking why and saying they only want killouse map.

that's what ppl want and to avoid to have 2 empty servers is what we will keep.
Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:01 pm
Pro Poster
84 Posts
A couple days ago you said that you could make more cod server? Can you make one exactly the same with a mapcycle, me and folsy and majd can run it since we all want it and are active enough for it. Could be a good idea to try it out like this?
Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:35 pm
Clan Leader
5814 Posts
Folsy was there and he said the same as me and other.. i think one server is enough at the moment there are no admin and we need to get more members (good members) to give other Admin powers b4 having other servers.
Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:59 pm
Veteran
156 Posts
I agree with Teo...we must first develop the first server before add the second.
It takes a lot of time to spec and catch hackers, how much time it takes up checking two servers?  Shocked

it would be best if everyone had the original game, then punkbuster to do it for us...

Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:01 pm
Pro Poster
84 Posts
but when we only allow people with the original game then we miss out on 50% of the community since a big part of the cod4 players is playing with a cracked one..
<12 >
Forums ©