<12 >

Suggestions/complaints about the cod4 server

Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:32 pm
Pro Poster
84 Posts
So let me start at the fact that I'm trying to make the server better from my opinion with these suggestions. I don't say that our server is doing bad, it's doing fantastic actually. But being active isn't everything from my opinion and I have found some things that could be changed so that my and the experience from others will be improved.

I made this post to encourage players to post their suggestions/complaints below so we can take a further look at it,
These are the things that I found annoying or spots that could be improved from my opinion:

Perks:
Juggernaut: the juggernaut perk is really annoying when playing with a sniper rifle, this is because you have a 100% chance to get a hitmarker which means in almost all cases that you're going to die (assuming that you're not camping in a corner). This makes sniping really hard especially for new players and encourage them to camp in a corner which no one likes.

Last stand: the last stand perk is really annoying for every class. The same fact as showed above also occurs here. But this can be a pain for classes like SMG or Assault to, it takes like 2-4 more bullets to kill someone which usually means your death by some other player spawning near you.

Map:
I really like the map "killhouse" but I find it to small for the amout of players we have in our server at the moment. Since last week our activity on the server has risen extremely which usually means a 10v10. There is no room on this map for that amout of players from my opinion. The map is fun to play but I find it that I can't play longer then 30 min on the map since I've played it for a couple weeks now. A map cycle could be the sollution here. I was thinking of a map cycle with a very high score limit so that the map doesn't constantly switch. Maps can be chosen at a later moment if more people agree with this suggestion.

So ye those are my suggestions for making my experience in the game better. It would be nice if everyone who reads it posts their suggestions below and maybe agree or disagree with mine.

I think that teo did a really good job with the server and that our cod4 project is a really big succes no doubt on that!

Cya at the server ~ Minoo
Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:16 pm
Veteran
156 Posts
I agree with jaggernaut and last stand are annoying, but when it comes to big ass maps for me is a problem cuz i dont have very good computer. And on large maps fps falling down and the game is not smooth... Confused

btw we tried mapcycle b4 and ppl start complain and whining a lot

Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:42 pm
Clan Leader
5814 Posts
i go on on Folsy post: and they letf...

i cannot understand, are things going bad to need a change?? i really cannot understand this needs to change things  :roll:
Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:31 am
Pro Poster
84 Posts
Like I said nothing HAS to change, this is MY opinion and suggestion this doesn't make it a good one. I'm just trying to create a better experience for all of us and looking for things that could be better. Like I mentioned mulitple times in the post, it's going great and these are just my opinions on things that are annoying or might need a change.

Also I really don't get why you're so rejecting against suggestions/opinions Teo, it's not that I'm siaying that you're not doing a great job because you totally do, and I really appreciate everything you have done so far! I'm just trying to help with pointing out stuff that I noticed while playing on our server.

If the mapcycle didn't work then that's that but if you look in the serverlist you find even bigger servers then ours WITH a mapcycle so maybe we were just doing something wrong on this point and might be able to find out to make this work aswel. Like I said this is my opinion and doesn't need to be shared with everyone! Everyone has their own point of view and me as a player found that these things bothered me.
Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:08 am
Veteran
156 Posts
The point in this post so that everyone has expressed its own opinion about the server, etc. ...

Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:28 pm
Magnum, P.I.
2772 Posts
Confused I was wondering , if there is a map like "medium size" ? Now as i see , we are running a "small" map and yes, when we are many players on server i can follow Minoo,s speak here...Map like Cargoship t.e.x will do better when we are 24-28 in server ( just my opionion) and still Folsy,s gear can be with in a "medium" size map i guess ?

Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:29 pm
Clan Leader
5814 Posts
i'm not saying i'm not open to listen suggestion, i'm totally open on that but for suggestion, not complaints like when all are saying ingame: "good game" or "GG" in chat u go out with: "blaa" or "this is a shit" or whatever u say because u think we need to change map.

said so a suggestion is:

in my opinion i would add these maps as mapcycle:

map1
map2
map3
map4

this is a suggestion not blaaa, shit, etc.. keep in mind.
Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:19 pm
Pro Poster
84 Posts
I think my post was written very neatly without any bla's or blu's ..
When I say bleh or blah after a match I mean that my play in that game was shit not the server itself, I'm someone that is very critical about my own play so when I'm doing bad I do express that in the chat. This doesn't mean that the server isn't good (I've never said "this is shit" don't make these things up). I mentioned multiple times in my post that it's going very well and like folsy already mentioned the meaning of this post is that people express their feelings/experiences about the server.

If you think that I'm just talking shit here from complaints then you can just delete this post and I won't mention any word about things that need a change from my opinion. This is the last time I'll be explaining my point of view so ye that's that. I hope you get where I'm coming from now.

About bringing a mapcycle, I've talked about it with some guys that have some longer term experience in this game and they said that a good mapcycle is very important for a longer time activity, yes it's very active now but people will get bored after a couple weeks and the player activity will slow down drastically. We could make a new post for this specific topic with the maps that people like or would see proper to be used for our mapcycle. And not only me bother these things, MAJD also made a post about a new mapcycle so please listen to us so we can help you improve the server.

Last I want to say that I don't feel myself in a position to change these things, that's why I'm trying to mention them through chat/forum. This is totally my opinion and this doesn't mean everyone should agree with the things that I say. Just give us a chance to help you improve on the points that are weak from a player perspective, it could help a lot ..
Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:49 am
Clan Leader
5814 Posts
is only u at the moment, i asked MAJD to post here a possible mapcycle. anw we will consider to add more maps if we will get more ppl.
Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:45 am
Pro Poster
53 Posts
hi guys , i have a possible mapcycle Wink like :" backlot , crash , vacant , strike , countdown , district , showdown , pipeline ,broadcast  and of course killhouse xD ... "
Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:03 pm
Pro Poster
84 Posts
I really dislike the way you reply on my post teo, it feels very impolite and really personal. I've put some time in this post to help improve our server and I don't feel like this is very appreciated. That's why I decided that I'm not longer going to put time in helping to improve the server. I'll keep playing and being active on the server of course but I won't mention my opinion anymore

(this post wasn't created to talk about the possible mapcycle, I made it so that players could share the good and the bad things that they have experienced. I've mentioned more then only the mapcycle that bothered me but it seems like you read over that part.)
Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:35 pm
Veteran
100 Posts
I think that mapcycle would be nice. As i say before on some other topic i can't say witch maps because haven't play other maps than killhouse so much Razz Anyway maybe 5-6 total maps on mapcycle is enough. For bigger maps than killhouse we might to have reduce the score limit.

About Perks:

In my opinion, we should just keep them all available. Some of them are annoying and so but that makes the game so fun Very Happy You have to change your tactics in the middle of the fight because of them.
Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:16 pm
Clan Leader
5814 Posts
ok just write down the maps  Smile
Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:57 pm
Pro Poster
84 Posts
I would suggest:
Map 1: Backlot
Map 2: Crash
Map 3: Vacant
Map 4: District
Map 5: Killhouse
Map 6: Strike
(and maybe broadcast)

These maps are all medium sized with a lot of cover/movement options. Not to many long lines of sight so the amout of campers would be low on these.

(In this order from more important to less important.)
Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:16 am
Clan Leader
5814 Posts
i would say:

killhouse
Overgrown
Crossfire
Vacant
Bog
Broadcast
Countdown
Chinatown