<12 >

Fairplay Problem

Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:39 pm
Veteran
127 Posts
Hi Guys!

I have a problem with fp, when i run it is all fine no errors or something.
But when i start to play in a server my whole map gets strange. Gray blocks
and thick white lines. And i installed it correct, in my base/mp folder and made a
shortcut of it to my desktop. And i dont have any mods or other pk3files installed.
It looks like this

[img]
http://[/img]

I hope that one of you guys know what the problem is.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:59 pm
Spammer
345 Posts
Best thing to do is make a copy of your sof2 folder, clear everything out(Even though you've stated that there's no pk3 contained)

Secondly,
Look at your cfg file, and see if you can find a visual code.
I've had this problem before hand, and i've done those alternatives which helped me solve the problem.

If your sof2 config is quite muddled up I'll send you my CFG.
Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:12 pm
Clan Leader
5814 Posts
reinstall sof mate! easy way Wink
Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:12 pm
Pineapple Soul
2059 Posts
Did you or your previous mods make changes to the textures pk3? The fairplay changes the extensions of files on the game to *.zzz and it doesn't seem to load properly.
I recommend download the game and reinstall fresh.

http://www.caserun.com/games/full.zip
Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:28 pm
Veteran
127 Posts
i wil first reinstall my sof! and see what happens Surprised

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:47 pm
Veteran
127 Posts
when i open my inf sof and i go to any server i get this error :
Couldn't load ambient sound sets from sound/sound.txt
Can someone of you guys send his sound.pk3 to me on msn?

btw my inf sof is just the same as my ctf
i copied my ctf sof once and renamed it to inf
only my ctf has RPMPro 7.01 BETA and my inf has
RPM 0.78

my msn : oldskoolstyle[AT]hotmail[DOT]nl
of got somone of you have another solution?? plz let me know!

Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:17 pm
Clan Leader
5814 Posts
remove 7.01!
Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:22 pm
Veteran
127 Posts
but i think we are to late.. now i dont have a musicandsound.pk3 in both of my sof files. And i will remove 7.01.
But why do i have to removi it?

Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:32 pm
Spammer
348 Posts
Is not my intention to get involved on this but as our server's  are not pure WTF do you want to ues mousetrap or fair play as it is now called anyways ? unless you play a pure  server you are wasting you time and effort fucking about trying to be the good guy.

SERVER HAS TO BE PURE

That in simple terms is you must have the exact config as the server  for you to join game, and as YOB don't run Pure your wasting your time.

And Teo is nothing wrong with 7.01 ( few bugs but I like it)  been using it's since release  Wink

I am a sausage!
Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:39 pm
Spammer
348 Posts
why do people fuck about ?

install game

pick a 2k3 or pro mod you like

install sound pack

Play

Now Oldskool has more hassle than he needs.

Simplicity works

I am a sausage!
Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:30 am
Pineapple Soul
2059 Posts
There are many mods for Sof2 available now. Most players use mods to get the competitive advantage over others. But some of us don't use mods cause it is a better challenge. We even demand that others get fairplay when we are playing team matches, so that we can ensure that the game will be fair.

OldSkool: Did you download the link i sent you?

Also Solo, I guess you can remove that banner now. I have taken the liberty of creating a new one for you. I hope you like . Very Happy

Here is the link: http://i53.tinypic.com/vsou21.png
Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:55 am
Dogbanger
2366 Posts

Rest in Peace Hurt.
Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:00 am
Active
36 Posts
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha nice Cyber!!
Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:10 am
Spammer
348 Posts
This is just typical, always under minding me and encouraging others to participate.

I simply stated if you keep your game basic  you won't have problems, there is afterall more novice members than guys that want to play in scrims, your elite squad wont even train together and general players have no need for this, so I don't see the relevance.

I am a sausage!
Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:21 am
Pineapple Soul
2059 Posts
I beg to differ. Even if we are pure, there are some servers that will ban you for not having fairplay installed. Even some matches wont start until all players have fairplay installed. So that they and other players can get the satisfaction of knowing that the other does not cheat. There are some players who are so good that most people dont stand a chance. And yes general players do not need fairplay on YOB servers.

OldSkool wants to install FP cause i noticed him on the Inf server trying to train to become better. It is obvious that he is gaining a passion for the gametype and it is his choice if he wants to get fairplay installed. So best of luck on his venture in becoming a better player.

"OUR" (Both mine, yours and the rest of clans') Elite Team has been training and battling. As you can see on the left side under War section, that we have been participating , and even though we have been trying to win as much as possible, losing is also inevitable. But at least we try. So maybe you can support OUR elite team as well by encourage them to train more.
<12 >
Forums ©