<12 >

win7

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:14 pm
Spammer
322 Posts
guys i installed win 7 today and oofcourse it fucked up my sof Confused  Confused . when i want to open the game at start on console is comunicate Couldn't load sof2mp_default.cfg
So i need help mates....or i got to download new sof .

Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:03 pm
Hero
705 Posts
Download it from caserun.com i think it should work.  Confused

GL with it m8.

Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:05 am
Magnum, P.I.
2772 Posts
http://www.youngandoldboys.com/evo/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5675
Chk it out Pat..ATI graphic card ? u need Catalyst...google it on u own laungage, ill think its solved u problem m8.. Wink GL cya..
Edit 1. Can u run sof2.exe m8 ? if yes , it is only u make new cfg file and put u binds .etc.etc in it ?

Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:06 pm
Spammer
322 Posts
Damn i instaled tahat atiogllx.dll and now when i start my sof thare is a comunicate-open gl initialization failure.to play sof please verify that ur card is open gl compliant.and in console its written on red-could not load open gl subsystem.problem is i already put latest drivers on my card(i have ati radeon hd 4850 1gb)and shit is still fucked up....daaaamn i wanna play Crying or Very sad
and i read that butchers post i did everything witch was written there and didnt resolve my problem
i can download sof again and reinstall but i think it would not help...?

Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:23 pm
Magnum, P.I.
2772 Posts
http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/ati-catalyst/Pages/catalyst.aspx

Pat.. read from here :ATI Catalyst and OpenGL
Im shure this solved u problem ( needed downloads) i have same problems when i go from vista and upgrade to win 7.My grapiccard is a ATI Radeon 3450 ...installed Catalystcenter and problem was solved..GL m8 cya soon ( i hope) .. Wink

Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:44 pm
Active
32 Posts
..install ati catalyst control center..find the  2CD sof game and install the recommended drivers that the CD have..

One of the best players ever on SOF2...
Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:20 pm
Spammer
322 Posts
i downloaded catalyst conrol center and also catalyst Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) and it didnt changed anything..maybe its becose win 7 is 64bit?and directx 10?and there is no drivers in game...
@269!!!!!this fuckin sucks..dunno what to do....

Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:20 pm
Magnum, P.I.
2772 Posts
Sad Damm bad m8..i surfing a bit on inet and yes ...problem can be 64 bit sys on u win7.. Sad saw some suggest a "bootmenu" but i dunno nothing abot that .. Sad  sry.. miss u m8.. Sad Hope others here know about that.. Gl m8 cya (soon) i hope.. :wink:

EDIT 1. found this m8..
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistagaming/thread/ca0845bf-2be6-4088-8f10-dbe1b043b5cd

Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:34 pm
Legend
504 Posts
u have to dl older drivers for ur card since the newest dont work with sof, atleast not with the 4000serie Smile

Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:57 am
Spammer
230 Posts
Same shit with our pc.. And can't install old vid drivers :@ pffffff

I don't suffer from insanity--I enjoy every minute of it.
Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:21 pm
Registred Member
16 Posts
Hello,

First, re-install the latest video driver. The first onto the page below (ie AMD Catalyst 10.12 Preview for Windows 7– Featuring the new Catalyst Control Center) should fit your needs : http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx#1

Then, try to run sof2 and, if you can, other games to see if your problem is only related to sof2. If the problem is related to sof2, you can try to run sof2 in compatibility mode. I don't have win7, however, I used  it on winXP to play old games, so I guess this worth to give a try on win7.

After googling on that, I found that win7 offers a "compatibility assistant". You can try this wizard, but if this doesn't work, or if you're totaly lost with it, you can try the manual setting which seems, for me, more suitable. In that last case, you will have to do the following :

right click onto the sof2 program icon (ie the one called sof2mp.exe), then select "properties". This will give you a dialog box with several tabs. Select the tab "compatibility", check "Run this program in compatibility mode for", and into the list of "windows version" below this check-box, select "Windows XP (Service pack 2)". click onto "Change settings for all users" if you're not the only one to play this game, then click OK. In case this not works, you can try with another windows version.

Hoping this will helpful.
Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:03 pm
Hero
811 Posts
— Radeon wrote
u have to dl older drivers for ur card since the newest dont work with sof, atleast not with the 4000serie Smile

when i start my sof its gives me a error
with my new pc win7 videocard RADEON HD6870
is that te problem my video card????

cheers lightning
Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:42 pm
Veteran
136 Posts
m8s i have win 7 64 bits and no problem at all
video card its nvidia gforce 9800gx2 and works great so it must be a driver missing  Very Happy
and my sof its not instaled its on a file were i run it , maybe your problem its there , if u guys want help just ask ok  Cool
Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:56 pm
Spammer
322 Posts
hmmmmm...its hard to find "old"drivers to win 7 64bit...cuz win 7 itself is kinda latest thing..thank you All mates 4 ur tips ill tried it all (only didnt install old drivers cuz i didnt find them)but sadly non of that worked so i think only way to play is install 2 systems(i think its possible)and run sof in win xp ...its a hard way but i like win 7 alot my pc works alot more effecitve on 7...aaah those old games...anyway hope to see u soon (this week i hope)if anyone got any solution i will gladly try it cuz im not happy about making that 2 system shit... Surprisedk:

Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:12 pm
Thoroughbred
1679 Posts
ur using ati catalyst drivers?

if you are uninstall it.

run windows update and use the microsoft certified ones.

<12 >
Forums ©