FairPlay Problems and Solutions

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:11 am
Spammer
276 Posts
to get fair play click here

www.caserun.com/fairplay

— Neo wrote
Here is a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8EZwN4DPiY

Also it is recommended that you use RPM 0.78 with Fairplay for best experience. Download at : www.rpm2k3.com.

Place the rpm.pk3 file in your "RPM" folder as well as "RPMPro" folder. So that the RPM works in both CTF server and INF server.

The admins who spec will notice that they cant spec in 1st with the RPM Mod. Type this command before you enter a RPMPro server e.g. CTF Server: "/setu cg_proClient 1". This will tell the server that you are a RPMPro client and you will then be able to spectate in 1st person.

:roll:
Here is a video: how to setup fairplay !
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8EZwN4DPiY[/youtube]

Also it is recommended that you use RPM 0.78 with Fairplay for best experience. Download at : www.rpm2k3.com.

Place the rpm.pk3 file in your "RPM" folder as well as "RPMPro" folder. So that the RPM works in both CTF server and INF server.

The admins who spec will notice that they cant spec in 1st with the RPM Mod. Type this command before you enter a RPMPro server e.g. CTF Server: "/setu cg_proClient 1". This will tell the server that you are a RPMPro client and you will then be able to spectate in 1st person.

Thanks Neo

//////////////////////

This error means that your r_subdivisions is too low, we make it a minimum of 46 because any lower than that then you can lean inside the corners of walls and see through them. This is basically wallhack but without the cheat commands or programs.

To fix this just open up sof2 without fairplay and type /r_subdivisions 46 in the console.

///////////////////////

this error is just like the r_subdivisions error, we limit it because we don't allow 333 fps as you can use it to do impossible jumps(such as the so called "patio selfboost")

To fix this error just open up sof2 without fairplay and type /com_maxfps 125 in console (you can use any number from 30 to 200, i choose 125 because I can keep it almost constant inside main & case)

////////////////////////

if you get the that screen then open the "error.txt" file inside your sof2 folder and check this topic for a solution.

[Windows Vista/Windows 7]
If you get that window and there is no error.txt or the error.txt says "Access Denied" at the end of the first line, then it means you need to either:
Copy your SoF2 folder to the desktop (easiest and simplest way, 90% of people do it this way)
or
Run Fairplay as administrator(To stop the "do you want.." window opening everytime you run fp you can also disable UAC for fairplay, Click here how to do it)
///////////////////////

This simply means that either fairplay isn't in your sof2 folder or your sof2 executible(the icon you click to open sof2) is named wrong.
If your fairplay isn't in the sof2 folder, then just move it there and then it should work.
Or if your sof2 icon isn't named "sof2mp.exe" or "sof2mp-test.exe" then rename it to "sof2mp.exe"(works for both full & demo) and then fairplay should work.

//////////////////////////

This error means that you either don't have .net framework or your .net framework is old.
Fairplay requires the .net framework to work properly, because without it the server and client can't communicate and fairplay would be useless.

You can fix this error but download and installing .net framework 3.5, which you can get here:
Microsoft.com

///////////////////////////

This means that fairplay is attemping to give a file or folder the .zzz extension when the file or folder already exists.

You can fix this by manually removing the files with the .zzz extension which are also there but without the .zzz extension, for example if "mp.pk3.zzz" AND "mp.pk3" both exist, then delete the "mp.pk3.zzz" file.

/////////////////////////////

This means that your fairplay cannot connect to the http://www.caserun.com website, which is needed for fairplay to check some settings.
There can be several reasons for this error, such as caserun.com being offline or your firewall blocking the fairplay.exe program.

To fix this, firstly check if you can access the http://www.caserun.com website via your web browser.
If you can, then it means that it's your computer which is blocking fairplay access to the Internet via - most likely - a firewall or a virus. Most people have different firewalls from others, so the easiest way to fix this is just to google "unblock program x firewall" where x = your firewall name, i.e. "unblock program AVG firewall" and follow the tutorials you should find.

If your cannot access the fairplay website, then caserun.com is probably offline, to confirm that just ask a few of your friends if they can go on caserun.com or not, if they can't then it's just a matter of waiting for caserun.com to come back online again. If your friends can access caserun.com and you can't then check your "hosts" file, which is normally found in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc. Open it in notepad and if you see something similar to "127.0.0.1 caserun.com" then you need to remove that line and save the file(on vista and windows 7 it's easier to copy the hosts file to desktop, take out the line and then copy it back into the "etc" folder)

///////////////////////////////////
I hope this helps some people fix there errors and i hope too our "clan members , admins" use Fair Play.
‘People will always follow a good example; be the one to set a good example, then it won’t be long before the ot
hers foll
ow…

Xh!zros

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:53 am
Pineapple Soul
2059 Posts
Very nice. Please change the link to download to www.caserun.com/fairplay as the program is updated regularly.

Here is a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8EZwN4DPiY

Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:17 am
Spammer
276 Posts
Thanks Neo
i edit the post again  Wink

Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:44 am
Clan Leader
5814 Posts
it doesnt work for me. anw i edited this in annunc. so ppl can find the tips Wink
Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:38 pm
Thoroughbred
1403 Posts
great explanation m8,

good job (Y)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:01 pm
Veteran
107 Posts
Thank you for your help ! It solved my problem with 'error.txt' bullshit, now i have a new problem, i'm a 1st player and i can't switch to first on any server at all, what seems to be the dip now ?

Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:33 pm
Pineapple Soul
2059 Posts
Fairplay removes hash commands. So if you have the RPM 0.78 you can switch between 1st and 3rd simply by typing /3rd in console or go to the settings menu where you will see third person

Ensure that you have the RPM 0.78 in both the RPM and RPMPro folder and nothing else is in there except sof2mp.cfg.
Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:30 pm
Legend
508 Posts
HELP!! I edited the /r_subdivisions to 46. I open up sof with fp again, and it crashes. I changed it to 47 too, sof crashes with the same error: subdivisions too low. How can I fix this?
Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:33 pm
Pineapple Soul
2059 Posts
delete the sof2mp.cfg file and open the game. it should create a new one. you will just have to reload your binds and configurations
Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:13 am
Legend
508 Posts
Ok thanks Neo! Totally worked out, didn't even have to reset my config all was still there Surprised
Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:37 pm
Active
35 Posts
well work done.shizors
ok i have my rpm 7.01 old boys,but if i play with fp,fp runs ok but no the rpm 7.01
ok i download the rpm 0.78 and i change on my sof folder for the rpm old boys,then my fp run too,but think my rpm 078 no,and i cant all sounds of my binds....grhhhh wath fight this with sof........
Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:49 pm
Pro Poster
93 Posts
Hello. I have diferent fp problem. When i on fp i saw this: your demo folder cannot be found. If you help me i be grateful
Forums ©