<12 >

The Origin Of Namies

Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:25 pm
Legend
508 Posts
Hello y'all! I was wondering how the hell you people came up with those names. Did your name evolve through time? Or did you just have a moment of geniality and said THIS IS IT! I'm just curious ;)

Mine : My first name ever used on this game was hitman (coloured ofc) then i came to this server played here for a while, joined clan but with the tags on hitman was too long so I shortened it. <YB>Hitty was born. Then I changed it to H0tty because of the colours. The colours came out prettier if I had this 0 in a square. That's my Origin of namie.

'hitman' -->  '<YB>Hitty' --> <YB>H0tty  

ur turn!
Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:29 pm
Thoroughbred
1403 Posts
lol.
the first time i played this game was 2003 i guess, was on lan at school  Laughing
i used the name 'Chickenkiller' LOL
used that name for 2 years, after that i changed to Apache, cuz i was obsessed by apache chopper at that time. in the mean while i changed my name only once to 'intersens' another obsession Very Happy
but changed back to apache, cuz every knew me with this name.
thats about it i guess.

Chickenkiller --> Apache --> Intersens --> Apache ---> Xaver ---> Apache

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:36 pm
Hero
637 Posts
Very Happy my first name ever was DarkAngel i used it at old moh when i used to play it lan then i started playing sof Very Happy and then i changed my name to darkthoughts Very Happy then i joined clan and my name was too long so i had to change it to Dark and here it goes Very Happy am DaRk till now  Razz

Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:40 pm
Legend
501 Posts
Graavie is nickname in RL (Besides Trekpik)
Short version of my last name "Graveland".
:roll:
Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:09 pm
Michael Knight
937 Posts
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt8d3Shlfrg[/youtube]

was trying to get my fist email adress, tried all kind stuff with my name, then saw this song, and thought bout moonlight, so thats the story, btw, song rocks

We Were young.Living for the moment.Never think about tomorow about the things to comeWe were CarelessLiving for the musicUntouchable
Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:45 pm
Legend
456 Posts
i started as MOD*Erik, MOD was abbreviation of masters of droog, which i came up with, with some old friends,

Then i started to play more, friends didn't so i though a new nick would be nice,

and the icebreaker, is the person who figuratively breakes the ice in a conversation Wink
then i always stayed icebreaker (H)

Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:43 pm
Spammer
322 Posts
chickenkiller.....lllllllllllllooooollllllllllll!!!!
as a lil kid i was always very skinny and lil (the smallest in my class ,even samaller then girls)so naturally everybody called my short.i didnt like it cuz i was sad that im not so tall as my friends but in highschool i started to grow fast, later i got involved in powerlifting section and wasnt short or skinny anymore but nickname stick to me for good,  even today im 27 but my homies calls me short XD.in poland SZ=SH so szortt means exacly same that short but this is my polish akcent

Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:34 pm
Magnum, P.I.
2772 Posts
Smile Yo, well... in fact that the Goofy from cartoons ( Disney) only is a few years older than me:lol:  Laughing  ( as u can see in inserted link) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goofy  and i remember him very well,it just had to be that name... Wink Btw played years ago a lot on Sof Gold too with the name: Wrath of Dead ,a name from a game as i remember it...Cya Guys... Wink

Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:23 am
Veteran
136 Posts
well i started as teckno playing in a lan like 6 years with some friends, then i meet 1 guy that ad join a pt clan so i was always playing there to see and learn something lol but teckno here takes to another things like raves and to much drugs so i change it to trex that was my dogs name, then join op$forces (clan) like op$Tr3x and finaly im morpheus on this great clan YOB  Laughing
Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:41 pm
Clan Leader
5791 Posts
I engraved my tools with a JMW, my initials; then came along another mechanic who had same initials engraved in his tools, the bastard tried takin my stuff cause he claimed his initials were on them!
So I quickly thought of something to make'em different & added a 1 in JMW = J1MW.
That was my first game name.
Years ago I got ticked off at a mechanic or 2 that came from GM dealers as full fledged master techs, goodwrench stickers on their toolboxes ect. (worked in more than just one shop  Cool )
They were the greatest in speech & on paper but with a broken car in the shop that cetification should have been toilet paper. These goodwrench master techs couldn't diagnose their way out of a wet paper bag but they could talk up a storm.
I had to stay late to keep promises to the customer & eventually got backstabbed out of my job by one smooth talking piece of shit despite his inability to repair a damn vehicle.
Well if they are goodwrench & all of my certifications have expired; the hell with it if they are goodwrench then I'm "baaddwrench".
Seen all the interesting names in the clan & the ability to change names once so I changed one time to Baaddwrench.
Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:58 pm
Thoroughbred
1403 Posts
lol, great story big J

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:40 pm
Legend
508 Posts
Fun to read all those stories ! Smile
Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:37 pm
Spammer
316 Posts
Devastor Devastator Devastor <YB>Devastor

My name comes from duke nukem 3D of devastator gun.

Thought allways that it was Devastor so i put my name to that. Then i figured out its devastator, so changed to that.

But i was allready keen in to devastor name so changed back to devastor in 5 minutes lol Very Happy

Watch out, im behind the boxes..
Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:59 pm
Thoroughbred
1403 Posts
so your name is actually a fail? Laughing

Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:54 pm
Veteran
119 Posts
I somewhat copied my name of a friend.
Long time ago we were playing a "gangster" game on the internet, in which u had to fill in names.
He came up with the name Castiglia, I came up with Castila, which ever since been my nickname on nearly everything.

That's basically where i got my Nick from.

Funny, i googled it, and it's a language school lol.

Former nick's were:
d0uw3 - nothing special, just my real name in letters/digits
Mysticword - during my rpg era lol

do you guys use ur sof nickname for other games as well?

edit: LOL @ apache
<12 >
Forums ©