Losing all settings

Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:14 pm
Veteran
116 Posts
Hey there people Very Happy
Recently i made new binds, so i exec them on sof.
the next time i started sof (like i always do, without problems) and i lost all settings, so i put them on again.
i closed sof again, and restarted it but again i lost everything.
now some guy told me i should exec the sof2mp.cfg file, so i did. didn't do anything.

anyways, is there a way solving this problem or do i have to reinstall it (again)?
Thx for helping me out.

Grtz, 'Flex

Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:35 pm
Spammer
259 Posts
Hmmm , iam sorry about that , iam the new guy xD
but it didnt help as i see . so ... copy your current game ... and try reinstall a new one and exec ur binds and restart SOF2 and see ... hope it words

Don't Let Your Eyes Deceive You , If You Want The Precious Of The Truth, You Should Never Give Up Looking For It
Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:41 pm
Veteran
116 Posts
the major problem was that i lost my B-admin status all the time, got that one solved but it still isn't fixed complete Smile

Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:59 am
Spammer
259 Posts
Sad sorry

Don't Let Your Eyes Deceive You , If You Want The Precious Of The Truth, You Should Never Give Up Looking For It
Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:45 am
Legend
456 Posts
well your admin status is saved in the server files which includes that your ip is saved as b-admin, so do you have dynamic ip?

Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:49 pm
3 Posts
Your sof2mp.cfg is not allowed to be bigger than 16kb something.. When it's bigger the Sof2 engine could not read it and will reset it. Thats why you lose all your settings..

Try searching for commands you aren't using. If you never run a home server you can remove all the server commands. This way you have more room for binds so your game doesnt resets everytime when your sof2mp,cfg is getting bigger than 16kb
Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:55 am
Hero
705 Posts
First open nodepad and put your name in it.

Make binds.

Save it for my part as reflex.

Open sof.

Connect to an random server.

Open console.

Exec your file this way; /exec reflex.txt

This should work. ;)

Lemme know if it works.

Forums ©