<12 >

Will the world end in 2012, like the Mayan Calendar?

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:39 am
Clan Leader
5814 Posts
The Mayan calendar finishes one of its great cycles in December 2012, which has fueled countless theories about the end of the world on December 21, 2012 at 11:11(UTC).

The Mayan calendar:

The most recent end of the world is only days away. On December 21, 2012, one of the great cycles in the Mayan calendar will end. The internet abounds with predictions about an apocalypse happening on “12/21/12”. Faced with the wealth of alarmist information available on the world wide web, even NASA felt compelled to publish an information page about why the world will not end on December 21.

One theory suggests a galactic alignment which would create chaos on Earth because of the gravitational effect between the Sun and the Black hole called Sagittarius A, which is located at the center of our galaxy.

Another theory involves a 'polar shift', which means a reversal of the north and south magnetic poles.

Scientists believe that the Earth is overdue for a geomagnetic reversal. However, this can take up to 5,000 years to complete and does not start on any particular date.

Just a new beginning?

NASA scientists have thoroughly studied and analyzed the possibility of the Earth ending in 2012, and have concluded that 21st December 2012 will be nothing more than a normal December solstice.

There is simply no scientific evidence to support any claims of an apocalypse on Earth on December 21, 2012.

No planetary alignment?

In response to theories about planetary alignments leading to an apocalypse on Earth on December 21, 2012, scientists say no planetary alignments is likely to occur in the next few decades. And even if they did, the effects on our planet would be negligible.

NASA scientists also claim that the 'polar shift' theory is totally impossible. Although continents move slowly throughout time, a magnetic reversal is very unlikely to happen in the next few millennia and would not cause any harm to life on Earth.

The scientists' conclusion is that the end of the Mayan calendar does not imply the end of the world, only the end of the Mayan long-count period. The 'long count' is a part of the Maya calendar shaped like a wheel. When we reach the end of the wheel, it will turn to the beginning again, just like our modern Gregorian calendar starts again every January 1.

what do u think guys?

if this will be the end... u jave to know i love u!!!!  Laughing
Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:00 pm
Pro Poster
94 Posts
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KKEt8PuAnE[/youtube]

Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:26 pm
Dogbanger
2366 Posts
Unbelievable so many people take this bullshit serious. Thats just hilarious to me.
Same goes for the people who believe in Bigfoot aka Sasquatch.. Bunch of dumbasses.

Rest in Peace Hurt.
Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:55 pm
Spammer
262 Posts
Very Happy
people can thoughts those that they want.
As long as have do not touch BOYS AND YOUNG OLD BOYS  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  
Wink

Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:12 pm
Thoroughbred
1315 Posts
If its true then i will move to our server and live there the rest of my life Very Happy
Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:14 pm
Pro Poster
94 Posts
End of the YOB = End of the world Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy nothing else

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:54 pm
Clan Leader
5791 Posts
— Orange wrote
If its true then i will move to our server and live there the rest of my life Very Happy

@377!!

GiGeLe
Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:09 pm
Michael Knight
937 Posts
It all started with this:

and it alreaddy seems to be overdue:

but it seems they are right:

and we are fucked, we are missing one weekend:

We Were young.Living for the moment.Never think about tomorow about the things to comeWe were CarelessLiving for the musicUntouchable
Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:21 pm
Michael Knight
937 Posts
just found this:

sorry its dutch....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZtQGYRq8gw[/youtube]

We Were young.Living for the moment.Never think about tomorow about the things to comeWe were CarelessLiving for the musicUntouchable
Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:08 pm
Clan Leader
5791 Posts
— Moonlight wrote
It all started with this:

Lemme guess - when obama won second term?
Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:35 am
Magnum, P.I.
2772 Posts
Will the world end in 2012, like the Mayan Calendar? Answer = a @414 in a bottle.... Laughing

Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:11 am
Clan Leader
5791 Posts
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IIVw0obOgM&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Ok so what time is it or which part of the earth faces the alignment and at what time?
Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:12 am
Clan Leader
5814 Posts
— Baaddwrench wrote

Ok so what time is it or which part of the earth faces the alignment and at what time?

someone says @ 11:11 am GMT +0 so in exactly 5 hours  Confused
Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:03 am
Veteran
138 Posts
nothing is gng to happen

Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:55 am
Pro Poster
58 Posts
<12 >
Forums ©