Hurt (jacob) passed away

Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:13 pm
Dogbanger
2461 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am wouter, the brother of Jacob. You might know him as Hurt. He asked me to post a message for you.

About 5 month ago he found out he had cancer in his lungs. It had already spread to his lymph glandes and further. Dispite what doctors said, he wanted to stay in his home and try to have a normal life. He liked playing soldiers of fortune 2. We all stood by as the desease was eating away at him. But there was nothing the doctors nor us could do about it. He didnt want you guys to know untill the end, because he didnt want to have remarks about it. He didnt wanted to be treated as something special or to be pitied.

He died on the 6th of august.

He asked me to post a message here. I am sorry it got here so late.

Hi guys,

First of all I would like to tell you guys that I really enjoyed my time here. It was great killing you all and talking to you all. It was fun meeting most of you. Some of you might not have liked me, well... hope you forgive me, haha. I guess there are a lot of new kids around. I hope you guys can explain the rules i once made Wink

As you now know, my life has ended. I am sorry i didnt tell this to any of you, but we parted in a strange way. I dont think explaining it would help. I hope you guys (the onces that know me), can forgive me for mistakes made. I really like you guys, the server, the weekend in Amsterdam. I look back at it all as an enrichment of my life.  

I hope you appreciated the help on the server. I did my best to make it a good place for everyone. I do want the ldrs to know that i didnt leave to join another clan. It was just helping out a friend. Anyway, i hope you guys wont forget me.  Crying or Very sad All i can do now is hope you guys can find a way to keep this place running.

Cheers,

Hurt (jacob)

ps: My computer goes to my brother and he lives nearby, so i guess you will recognize the IP. So if you see him playing, be nice ;)

My brother died in the hospital. I hope you guys can forgive me for posting this so late.

as my brother would say: Cheers,

Wouter

Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:15 pm
Dogbanger
2461 Posts
PS: can you keep this account alive for the moment, so i can check on messages and show my parents the respons to this?

I would also like to take over this account, if i may. I want to see what my brother did here.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:19 pm
Dogbanger
2461 Posts
If you have a personal message for the family, please send hurt a message. (if this account stays open)

Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:22 pm
Pineapple Soul
2059 Posts
Sorry I did not believe it at first. My condolences to you and your family. Hurt was a great friend and will always be remembered in YOB.
Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:22 pm
Clan Leader
5791 Posts
I've only kind words to remember Jacob with,
He left  our family a while back but he and you are still like family to us.
He was a very good person and I miss him.  Sad
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of our lost friend.
Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:48 pm
Clan Leader
2391 Posts
Hurt. My friend. Im REALY sorry to hear about this.
I have known you some years now, and had a gr8 time with you.
Some cant understand how you can make friends in a game, but you are the proof that it can happen.
To bad we couldnt meet in real life, but we didnt realy need to.
I will always remember you as the dentist i would never use. A friend that i could talk to about everything.
To be honest... I cant realy belive that ur gone.
I need to let this sink in some days.( tears in my eyes)

For Jacobs famely: Im realy sorry for ur loss. He was a gr8 friend. I will always remember him.

For the rest of the clan:
Hurt was one of our BEST ldrs.
Feel free to post here.
To honour him, i want us to put RIP after our gaming names. If it wasnt for him, this clan would have died.
And NEWER delete hes account.

Thx for telling us. And its nothing to forgive.

Your friend Avantgarde. (Øyvind)
Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:08 am
Dogbanger
2366 Posts
My condolences.
I actually met Hurt at amsterdam in march 2010.
I got sick in amsterdam and hurt was there to help me.
He kept on talking to me and i really got the feeling i was in good hands.
Hurt also thaught me 1 good lesson, a thing that i will always remember.
It may sound kind of silly, but here it is.

I told hurt about my crush from the summer of 2009, and that i was too shy to tell her i was inlove. He replied with; Well if you tell her that you like her and you get denied, no one will know and life goes on. If you get denied at home it will be quite awkward with your friends etc.

After he told me this i was like yeah, he's so right!
I think its because of his words that i'm very happily in love with my girlfriend now for almost 10months.

I could keep on talking about Hurt. There are endless positive things to say.
He was a great leader here. He solved alot of my fights wich i had with fellow clan members.
It's sad to hear what happened..

Rest in peace Jacob, you will be missed.

Cyber

Rest in Peace Hurt.
Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:38 am
Dogbanger
2366 Posts
I actually found some pictures from the meet and greet in amsterdam.

Lister and Hurt

Hurt and Lister, trying to figure out what to order.

Time goes by fast..

Rest in Peace Hurt.
Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:41 am
Legend
453 Posts
oh my jesus god.i knew hurt.he is one epic person.i feel sad.honestly i am sorry for your loss.he made me change my mind about some stuff years back.epic person.nothing else to say.and again sorry to their family for the loss.
Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:48 am
Legend
508 Posts
Hurt has been one of the best (if not THE best) friends I had on this game. My sincere condoleances to the family. He was not only a great leader, he was also there for everyone who needed help. A personality too great to describe...This feels like getting smashed in the face with a hammer... Anyways, Hurt, rest in peace, you will NEVER be forgotten.  Hurtie you'll be missed!!

Greetings, hotty
Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:51 am
Spammer
319 Posts
I can't say what a shock this is....
You've always been a good and honest friend, who spoke his mind.
I sincerely hope you will find peace in a beyond life.
Sleep well Mr Hurt.

Synchro/Steef.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:33 am
Thoroughbred
1679 Posts
Neo mentioned this to me a few weeks back. I must admit I was a bit skeptical about it. Simply because on the internet it is quite often difficult to attain the truth.

However reading this here this evening..I took a few minutes to really think about this. Having known Jacob for a while (good times and bad times) there simply wouldn't have any sense in him trying to deceive us. He was a mature and respectful person, a born leader, a fierce competitor and to some a good friend.

My condolences to those closest to him.

R.I.P. mate.

- Jason

Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:01 am
Thoroughbred
1315 Posts
I'm typing this message with tears in my eyes. never knew the loss of somebody i never saw in real life would hit me this hard.

Hurt
I didn't really know you as a leader, i remember it yes but we were both just guys playing a game back in those days.
2011 was different, we spoke much to eachother, about the past and the future of the game but even more about the things that keeps us busy in real life. You were one of the guys that made me smile when you were only joining the server and didn't say one word yet.
You gave me the feeling i was like a friend to you, i hope you felt the same.
I'll miss you m8!
Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:04 am
Veteran
156 Posts
I did not know much about Hurt - I am a new boy here as mentioned by Hurt...

Things like this make us realize that we have very little time left...why should we waste it in hate...

We can only remember good things...so make each one of them count while we all are here...before taking the path of never return...

My deepest condolences to his family...

Let us keep the account and once in a while let us keep posting to hurt...let us remember him..while we are here...

Regards

Eswar
Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:51 am
Pro Poster
59 Posts
i didn't knew him so good but i knew he was a great player my condolences to you and to the family.
Forums ©