To ban or not to ban

Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:29 am
Pro Poster
51 Posts
Hi, I don't really like to deal with this subject: the ban.
But there is something that make me curious and doubtful.
I don't know how to cheat in the game, but I suppose there are many ways to do that and I'm sure many of you even know more than a way.

The point is: when cheating is allowed?
Never?
Or only if not hurting anyone.

I ask this question because some days ago I saw a pair of player punished and one not punished.
Who was punished instantaneously collapsed into the floor till his neck, without the possibility of moving and was banned after 3 cheating attempts.
Who was not punished continued to run in circles with a smile on the face, the arms up in sign of victory for having made a huge airplane land on the roof (precisely a sort of C47 on the centre roof near the elevator).
This player was under a strange nick I don't remember and someone asserted he was a disguised Young or Old Boy...

So that's why I'm asking what's considered cheating and when.
The cheating is absolutely forbidden? Or for example in the future I will be able to try some cheats, such as... I don't know... flying, becoming a phantom, becoming invisible, changing the dimensions of my soldier, make C47s appear...

I suppose all these things are unfair to people playing in the normal correct way, but sometimes I play without shooting because I like to "study" people behaviours and plans, and for example being a phantom would perhaps help me.

To be, or not to be: that is the question.
Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:22 pm
Dogbanger
2366 Posts
Cheating is never aloud in our servers.
Doesnt matter what time you're playing or with who. We admins do our very best to keep the server clean, wich means making sure that no one cheats. This is to make the game fair and fun for everyone. There are alot of players in the server who have a "dynamic ip". Once you get banned your ip will get on the banlist, and as long as you have that ip you cant play. But the dynamics change their ip's almost instantly, wich means they can return to the server again. Those players will get trapped in the floor, get run over by w/e or get stripped and so on. The cheats i know of are Wallhack, Ballhack, Aimbot and Aimkey. So the point is, play clean in our servers, no cheats aloud.

Regards

Rest in Peace Hurt.
Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:42 pm
Pro Poster
51 Posts
Ok understood.
No cheating allowed.

Just a clarification: was the player running with his arms straight up (the one who landed the C47 on the roof) banned?
Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:08 pm
Thoroughbred
1403 Posts
probably not, we only punish players with dynamic ip's. this is the only way that makes them leave(most of them). but some keep coming back, so we keep punishing them when we find out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:23 pm
Pro Poster
51 Posts
All clear now.
Thanks a lot!

Wink

Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:33 pm
Magnum, P.I.
2772 Posts
Well, i can tell that one of these players we punish on server use your name  Shocked ,but dont worry, we all (admins) knows when it is u and specially when not   Twisted Evil (kind of namestealer) Mabey u see Baadwrench or me shout "Hands Up !  Laughing we got very "fine" noses to discover cheaters on our server and all admins knows what they should keep an eye on specally with this guy.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:45 pm
Clan Leader
5791 Posts
All questions appear answered;
you can also go visit you tube and search sof2 wall hack or cheats, aimbot to see actual video or what we call frap of cheaters in action.
Gonna close this out, any further questions can be inquired elsewhere for this particular section is in direct relation of those who have been hit with the actual "ban" hammer  Twisted Evil
:metal: Beavis Very Happy
Forums ©