<12 >

RED or BLUE?

Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:40 pm
Pro Poster
51 Posts
Hi guys, the question is one and it is simple, the answer is manifold and complicated.

The question is: do you generally prefer to be on red team or on blue team?

I heard about stereotypes like "blue is bad", "blue is for noobs", or on the other hand "red is for campers", "reds always suck" and even in contrast "red is too easy".

Personally I think that being on blue team gives the possibility of attacking faster and camping while moving, while being on red team gives the possibility of a good steady camp and it is quite slower to go on attack.

Gravity helps blues who drop down from the roof towards the main conference hall in less than a second, and works against reds who have to climb the lift ladders hoping no one of blues is camping over the elevator...

The roof is wide, open and there are many accesses to it, instead the kitchen and main conference hall are narrow, full of recesses in walls, full of shelters, but only with to doors (front and back) to enter the kitchen.
So when defending, the blue player should move as he can't cover almost all the roof access point from a particular position, instead the red player can stay crunched behind a bench sure of the fact that on the other door there is the respawn place for its red team.

The only thing I could deduce from these considerations is that attackers and people afraid of being considered campers maybe prefer being on blue, while defenders or strong campers should best fit in red team.

Obviously this is an approximation of the situation as it is possible even to firmly  camp on blue, hiding crunched behind the jute-bags of the helipad, and also to do a floating camp for reds, stayng in the corridor covering the small elevator and the main conference hall in few meters.

Personally I found easier to attack from blue side and harder to do it from red one.
That's why I prefer staying on reds, while keeping the blue option as a rest dedicated to a running camper defence, making the game more challenging.

In a sentence: I love running throughout the shop!
And you?

Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:55 pm
Clan Leader
5791 Posts
Outstanding analogy!
Its annoying to hear colors make difference of camping for this is correct.
Colors make about as much difference in camping as color of skin making a difference in a persons greatness.
There are different words I recall like blue being prometheus and red being shop.
Its all psychological in how your mentally wired as to which color your attack & defense is with your starting point and goal.
Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:49 pm
Hero
679 Posts
If you are a smurf, choose bleu team, if not, choose red team.
In red team you can find Gargamel, he camps on smurfland like all smurfs.

I remind that the smurf is blue for those that do not still know him.
He is gay, only one smurfette for 100 smurfs and she is always virgin.

Bleu team for noobs and campers, i don't know but for smurf gay ,it's the good team.  Twisted Evil

Gargamel is Rock'n'Roll, the Smurfs are Break-dancers and you ?
Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:42 pm
Spammer
339 Posts
RED team:
-camping's place: kitchen, main conference hall, and entrance to hall and spawn killing on heli pad or next to it
-flag: more easy for take it for me (maybe because i'm playing 3rd)

BLUE team:
-camping's place: roof, spawn killing on cargo elevator or the window
-flag: when u have the kitchen and main it's easy to capture the flag

to u to choice blue or red if u want camp or play ctf (me i choice) :)

for me blue is more for camp and red is more for ctf

if i want play the game ctf i choice red if nobody play the game ctf i play in blue

Intox respect the game ctf (Y)  :!:
Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:00 pm
Clan Leader
5791 Posts
LOL Intox @429!!
Some days are red, some days are blue Very Happy
Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:35 pm
Dogbanger
2366 Posts
Sometimes i check what players are in what team, since id like to be in the weaker team to have more of a challange. But most of the time i just randomly pick red or blue Razz

Rest in Peace Hurt.
Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:08 am
Magnum, P.I.
2772 Posts
Mostely i join team with less scores, in hope to we can raise score to be more equiel ... more gameplay if we are close to "sudden death " .. LOL Intox... Laughing

Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:57 am
Hero
637 Posts
Blue is for gays  Cool

Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:55 am
Pro Poster
51 Posts
Georgei,
I really cant agree with some points you try to make. You are talking about camping in red is easier but its a fact that when shooting from top to bottom you have a better hiding spot so that makes blue a better campteam i think. You are also talking about that its faster for blue to attack but red and blue have to walk same road with flag so it depends on the situation what is stronger. And can you explain this: camping while moving..... Cuz in my opinion its impossible to camp and move (walk)  at the same time.

This is how im looking to it... Both teams are easy only the gameplay is a little different, blue have to check a bigger area,  red must use sound more to hear people coming. When playing as a team and the balance between 3rd and 1st players is the same in both teams then it shouldnt make any difference, like baadd said: Its all psychological....

But the biggest thing is: You are good, average or just bad... The team color has no effect on that...

@ Intox and Dark
Good arguments! XD
Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:26 am
Thoroughbred
1679 Posts
I just play the team opposite to angel.

Very Happy

Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:03 am
Pro Poster
51 Posts
Darkangel I like your simple and clear reasoning and I think you are right.
I really appreciated your reply and I want to be more clear.
Thanks!
Wink
β€” Darkangel wrote

blue have to check a bigger area,  red must use sound more to hear people coming.

Sure! I forgot to deal with how important sounds are, especially to those who don't use thermal googles and loves camping.

β€” Darkangel wrote

You are talking about camping in red is easier but its a fact that when shooting from top to bottom you have a better hiding spot so that makes blue a better campteam i think.

The difference stays in the weapon: camping on blue from top down to a big area requires the use of the M4 "sniper" rifle for long range shots, camping on red requires the M590 shotgun.
So killing a enemy who can reach the roof from different points and usually far away from the defender position is more difficult than pulverizing him with a M590 single shot just 2 seconds after that you heard his steps near the bench you are crunched behind.
That's my opinion uh!
But I repeat, you are right: the blue camper shooting behind the jute bags has a better position as he shoots from top to down and his body is almost covered even with the emerging head.

β€” Darkangel wrote

You are also talking about that its faster for blue to attack but red and blue have to walk same road with flag so it depends on the situation what is stronger.

I'm sure that's not true: it's really quicker for blues to attack, but that's why we are talking about two different situation. Let me clarify the misunderstanding.
I'm talking about the path the attacker travels, from the respawn point to the opponents flag till he reaches it.
You were instead talking about the path the attacker who already caught the flag has to travel to score.
So, all blue players can reach the kitchen from the helipad in less than 10 seconds, take the red flag and support and cover the flag carrier somewhat following him and somewhat remaining in the kitchen to slow down reds.
Instead, reds have to climb ladders and trees without the help of gravity force, so reds spend about 20 seconds to reach the roof centre.
Double time.

β€” Darkangel wrote

in my opinion its impossible to camp and move (walk)  at the same time.

Staying of the roof of the building of the roof, the one below the turret no one uses, allows the blue moving camper to run between the two elevators, strong of its preferable elevated position and of the fact he can hear enemies steps of reds coming up from the stairs below his feet.
Another circuit the moving blue camper can chose is to walk on the South roof area among the main elevator, the cistern and the corridor on roof over the red respawn window (sorry for this bad desciption but in other worlds it means to stay in the roof zone opposite to the blue flag and on the roof side without elevator accesses). Blue can switch between two crunching positions above the main elevator and the cistern with its M590 and running back and forth to the corner keeping an eye on the "corridor" with its M4 rifle.

Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:12 am
Pro Poster
51 Posts
Stratospheric frenchkiller thanks for giving us your precious point of view.
β€” frenchkiller wrote

for me blue is more for camp and red is more for ctf
if i want play the game ctf i choice red if nobody play the game ctf i play in blue
Intox respect the game ctf (Y)  :!:

CTF is the game right!
So you play to touch that damned flag and to bring it back home.
Yeah always! I agree with you.
But sometimes I think the attack is not always the best defence.
Sometimes it is better to give the whole team assurance and to provide a protected and covered way back home (it means sometimes defending is the momentary only right choice I think)

Frightening CyBeR and dear Goofy, I know that for sure: you often help the waek.
β€” CyBeR wrote

Sometimes i check what players are in what team, since id like to be in the weaker team to have more of a challange. But most of the time i just randomly pick red or blue Razz

β€” goofy wrote

Mostely i join team with less scores, in hope to we can raise score to be more equiel ... more gameplay if we are close to "sudden death " .. LOL Intox... Laughing

I even believe CyBeR is a great attacker and Goofy maybe the best kitchen camper.
And trust me it is very very tranquillizing to be on reds sure of the fact that Goofy bricklayer is building a wall while cooking.

Smith!
β€” Smith wrote

I just play the team opposite to angel.
Very Happy

Hahahaha  Laughing
That's really made me laugh!
There are some players, even not so good in general, but really collaborative I love to play in couple with (very rarely) or even just to have them on my side.
And others, generally stronger than me, I prefer to have against.
I won't give you their names, but you'll surely guess them.

But back to the topic: RED or BLUE.
Please don't say silly things about smurfs...

Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:39 am
Legend
508 Posts
Auto-assign ftw! But i do find it easier on red capturing the blue flag, don't ask me why, it just is!
Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:36 pm
Spammer
322 Posts
offcourse there is no such thing like team that is easyer to play.all depends against who u play...i personally like red better

Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:20 pm
Dogbanger
2366 Posts
I even believe CyBeR is a great attacker and Goofy maybe the best kitchen camper.

Gold ahahahaha

Rest in Peace Hurt.
<12 >
Forums ©